Medication Administration refers to the direct application of a prescribed medication—whether by injection, inhalation, ingestion, or other means. Most important is to understand the safe practices to be followed while administering a medication. In this course you will develop the knowledge and skills required to administer medication in a healthcare setting, nursing homes, long term care, residential care and group homes. This certificate is an important and a beneficial skill if you are a PSW, caregiver, medical assistant or any healthcare aide or even a medical student.
|Start Date||End Date||Day||Timing||Register|
|September 18, 2023||September 22, 2023||MON, WED, FRI||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|August 11, 2023||August 13, 2023||FRI, SAT, SUN||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|June 20, 2023||June 22, 2023||TUE, WED, THU||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|April 15, 2023||April 22, 2023||SAT, SUN||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM|
|February 11, 2023||February 18, 2023||SAT, SUN||10:00 AM - 5:00 PM||Register|
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand medication routes including oral route (pills/liquid), ear/nose/eye drops, suppositories
- Understand patient profile including allergies and health concerns
- Knowledge of rights and responsibilities of safe medication administration
- Dispensing and documentation of the medication
- Understand side effects of various medications
Our experienced faculty and dedicated staff dedicated will assist student throughout the entire training with tutoring and mentoring.